Sunday, March 13, 2011

Already sidetracking here

So I know this is an art blog... but I figured after reading a few blogs about people's dogs that I too would make a debut for Stitch in here too.


So here's Stitch. He's an 11 month old shiba inu who loves laser pointers, flashing lights, shadows and things that blow in the wind such as leaves. This might sound ultra cute but when in fact it's really not. I think this behavior started when I grew 20 or 30 sunflowers on my porch last summer. Every morning I would let him out while I watered the flowers. Bees would always fly around and they seemed to grab his attention...except he chased the bee's shadows and not the actual bee. The thing is too is that he is a very smart dog. He can escape any barrier which includes double stacked baby gates, jumping over the kitchen stove, bedroom dresser etc.

Some of Stitch's favorite things are ice cubes, cheese, potting soil, socks, dirty underwear and digging. Sometimes he chews on the corners of our leather couch to get the stuffing out which results in a huge and costly mess. I would love to say that I discipline him with this... but do you see those beady little black eyes? Yeah try yelling at those.... it's really hard especially when he's smiling with his little dog tongue lolling to the side. Stitch is the ultimate troll and he knows it.


Besides the above he's a fantastic dog. Actually unlike the average shiba Stitch is incredibly friendly to strangers and not that aloof. He's a huge cuddle buddy too and a great camping partner. I would love to say that I really lucked out with him... but I don't want to jinx myself! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment